The Singapore Employment Guide provides a comprehensive overview of the major issues within employment law, and how they apply to the workplace. Among others, the main legislation referred to is the Employment Act.
The book provides guidance on how to comply with workplace laws and regulations, run a safe and fair workplace, and maintain a harmonious industrial relationship.
Key Features & Benefits
- The guide is written in a clear and straightforward manner for easy understanding.
- Comprehensive coverage of the key topics in employment law.
- Takes into account the changes to the Employment Act which came into force on 1 April 2014, as well as other legislative case law developments.
- Case examples cited to provide a clearer understanding of the law and its application.
- Introduction – The Employment Act and Employment-related Legislation
- Recruitment and Training
- Employment Contracts
- Salaries, Wages and Payroll Administration
- Rest Days and Hours of Work
- Holidays and Leave
- Maternity Benefits
- Other Conditions and Benefits
- CPF and Other Collections
- Health and Safety
- Accident Compensation
- Promotion, Demotion and Discipline
- Termination and Dismissal
- Industrial Relations and Industrial Action