The Essential Guide to Income Tax in Singapore is an in-depth and up-to-date guide and commentary on the Income Tax Act. It focuses on providing readers with key insights on the principles and practice of Singapore Income Tax law. The Guide is also updated with the latest developments in Budget 2014.
The comprehensive coverage of taxation regulations, cases and common practice approach enables readers to build a strong foundation in Singapore taxation and eases their work in the preparation of both corporate and individual tax computations.
Key Features & Benefits
- Effective learning aid – Spells out key learning objectives and reinforces learning using illustrative examples, case discussions and review questions.
- Concise presentation – Important legislation and commentaries are presented in tabular format.
- Clear explanations – Complex issues are clearly explained through analyses of tax practices and case law both in Singapore and overseas.
- Comprehensive study – Underlying principles, concepts and historical development are covered for ease of understanding. Includes references to Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) e-Tax Guides and Circulars to clarify tax treatment, and footnotes for other useful sources of relevant information.
- Introduction to Singapore Income Tax
- Tax Administration
- Capital Allowances
- Taxation of Businesses
- Taxation of Individuals
- Taxation of Non-Residents
- Taxation of Foreign Sourced Income
- Goods and Services Tax